Apply for a sheltered home
Looking for a sheltered home with Acis? Sheltered housing with Acis is for people aged 55 years and over. People who have a disability and are aged below 55 years can also be considered.
How do I apply?
We have joined West Lindsey District Council to become part of the Lincs Homefinder choice based lettings scheme. This is the way in which we let our properties. The scheme is designed to be easy to use, provide the highest level of customer service and allow you to make the best choice for your needs from the full range of housing options available.
Vacant properties are advertised each week and if you are interested in any vacancies at our sheltered schemes you will need to bid (express an interest). Bids can be made online, by phone, by post or in person at Acis or West Lindsey District Council’s reception areas. Properties are advertised in the following ways:
- Via the Lincs Homefinder website at www.lincshomefinder.co.uk. Access to the website is available in the reception areas at Acis and West Lindsey District Council (Marshall’s Yard, Gainsborough). You will be able to view properties that are available for bidding and place bids.
- In the local area (e.g. GP surgeries, community centres)
- On the Acis website at www.acisgroup.co.uk (you will still need to apply through the Lincs Homefinder website or by any of the alternative methods)
- An available property list is available on request and for a small fee (if not on the assisted persons list) can be sent to your home
- Some vacancies will be advertised in the local press
A banding scheme is used to prioritise applicants and there are four bands. Applicants are banded according to an assessment of their housing needs which is based on current accommodation, physical and mental health, mobility, affordability, employment and wellbeing.
If you need help applying and bidding for properties there is also an assisted list. This list offers tailored services for vulnerable applicants.
To apply visit the Lincs Homefinder website at www.lincshomefinder.co.uk. Alternatively, contact West Lindsey District Council’s Home Options team on 01427 676676 or by post to Guildhall, Marshall’s Yard, Gainsborough, DN21 2NA.
Find out more
If you want to find out more about our sheltered housing schemes, please contact us on freephone 0800 027 2057, telephone 01427 678000 or email email@example.com.
You can also find more information about each of our schemes on our Sheltered schemes page.