Authority to discuss

We know there may be times when you would like a someone else to discuss aspects of your tenancy with us – someone like a family member or a friend. It’s important to us that we only disclose information about your tenancy with people you have given us your permission to liaise with. You can do this by completing a form and sending it back to us, calling us or giving us proof of power of attorney.

If you fill in the form linked below, it will give ongoing permission for your representative to discuss any aspect of your tenancy with us.  Remember to let your representative know that we will record their details on our systems.

If you call us about an issue, you can also give us your verbal authority to allow someone else to talk to us on your behalf. However, your representative will only have permission to talk to us on that particular call.

If you have given power of attorney to someone, we will need proof. Once we have proof of this, such as a copy of the official documentation, your representative will have ongoing permission to discuss your tenancy.

Authority to discuss form

To give someone on-going authority to discuss you will need to complete the form and return to us.

To complete the form, you will need:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • your tenancy number
  • contact details of your representative
  • your representative's relationship to you
  • to sign and date the form

Once you have completed the form, you can return it:

  • by emailing it to
  • by posting to Acis, Acis House, Bridge Street, Gainsborough, DN21 1GG

Once we receive your form, we will make a note on our systems giving permission for your representative to discuss your tenancy with us.

If you have any questions about any aspect of giving someone authority to speak to us on your behalf, please call us on 0800 027 2057.

Download the form here