Home adaptations with a Disabled Facilities Grant – check if you’re eligible for funding

Woman greeting man at her front door

8 Dec 2021 | Posted by Courtney Chandler

If you are interested in making adaptations to your home, you might be eligible to apply for grants from your local council. Take a look at the Disabled Facilities Grant and find out how to know if you’re eligible.  

If you're interested in adaptations, check out our services we offer at Acis HomePlus.

The Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) covers the cost of larger adaptations to your home, such as the installation of a spacious wet room. Other adaptations refer to:

  • Accessible toilet or bathroom
  • Widened doorways
  • Large ramps
  • Adjusting the height of switches, sockets and lights
  • Adjusting the height of kitchen counters

The grant is paid for by your local council. However, they will need to assess your situation and agree that this is the best and most suitable adaptation for your needs.

The DFG is there to help you stay in the home you love for longer and gives you the opportunity to enjoy your home even more.

To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:

  • A tenant
  • Disabled
  • Over 18
  • Intend on staying in the property during the grant period

Other funding can be given for grab rails, ramps and other small home alterations that make moving around your home easier.

To apply for a DFG in the West Lindsey District visit their website.

Other useful information

Check to see if you’re eligible on the Government DFG pages.

Find out more about what to do before applying for grants and what to do if you’re not eligible.

Read more about the benefits of home adaptations.

back to news list

Chat Live now!

Click here to chat with us

Our team are available Monday-Friday 9am-4pm