• 4 wholemeal pitta breads
• 4 tsp tomato purée
• 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
• 8 thin cucumber slices
• 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 yellow or red pepper, deseeded and sliced crossways
• 40g reduced-fat cheese, grated
1. Preheat the grill.
2. If you prefer, cook these in an oven preheated to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, gas mark 4 for 8-10 minutes.
3. Spread 1 tsp of tomato purée over one side of each pitta bread. Sprinkle with the dried mixed herbs.
4. Arrange the cucumber and halved tomatoes on the pittas to resemble ‘eyes’, halved tomatoes for the ‘noses’, the sliced pepper to look like ‘eyebrows’ and ‘mouths’, and the grated cheese for ‘hair’ or ‘beards’. Place on the grill rack.
5. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Cool for a few moments, then serve.
To download an infosheet of this recipe please click here.
Information for this has been taken from www.nhs.uk/change4life-beta under crown copyright