Moving home

If you’re currently renting with us and want to move home to another one of our properties, there may be options for you to either transfer your tenancy to another home, or take part in a mutual exchange. Anyone can apply to move through these ways, but in some areas a qualifying period will apply.

We’ll assess your eligibility for moves like this, but we’ll be able to support you through it all. We aim to process applications within ten working days.

To transfer your tenancy, you’ll still need to be registered with your CBL scheme.

A mutual exchange is where two or more tenants can apply to exchange their homes. An exchange will normally be allowed, although there are some reasons why this might not be possible. For example, a mutual exchange may not be possible if there have been adaptations that have taken place and will no longer be required or if the exchange would result in either of the properties becoming overcrowded or underoccupied.

Tenants who want to exchange their home can advertise their property details on the HomeSwapper website, where our customers can register for free.

We’re on hand every step of the way to help with this process, so please contact us on 0800 027 2057 and speak to our experts. 

Moving out keys images

Moving out Keys

Giving notice on your home

We know that situations change, and there may be a need for you to leave your home and Acis. This is called terminating your tenancy. If you need to do this, you can download the form below, complete it, and send it to our customer contact centre to start the process. On the form you'll provide some of those important details to us to help make the process as quick and easy as possible.

APP 1 Term Form.pdf [pdf] 136KB

What happens next?

When the form is received, we'll get in touch with you to talk you through the full process.