Making changes to your tenancy

It’s important we have up-to-date information on people living at your property.


Changes to your household

It’s important that you keep us up to date with who is living at your property.

This could include the birth of a child or any other household member moving in or out of the property. 

To let us know of any changes, just email your Area Service Manager letting know the details. They can be contacted on

Have you changed your name?

If you have changed your name from what’s on the agreement you signed with us, you need to complete the form below to let us know. We will need a copy of the relevant legal paperwork to confirm the name change. Examples of documents we can accept include:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Civil partnership certificate
  • Divorce certification
  • Dissolution of civil partnership certificate
  • Deed of change of name

Once we’ve checked the details, we will then write to you confirming our agreement to the change and update our records accordingly. We don’t need to provide a new tenancy agreement in your new name as your old one still remains valid. 

download our request a name change form here


How do I add someone to my tenancy?

You might want to add someone else onto your tenancy.

A joint tenancy is where more than one person has their name on the tenancy agreement. It means each tenant has full legal rights and responsibilities.

For example, each tenant is responsible for ensuring the rent account is to up to date and that there are no tenancy breaches.

By creating a joint tenancy, this also means that either tenant can end the tenancy by giving us four weeks’ notice in writing.

We do not have to let the other joint tenant stay in the home. Remember, any housing benefit or Universal Credit claim could also be affected by this kind of change.

If you want to add someone onto your tenancy, you need to make sure:

  • Your tenancy agreement allows this. Usually this means being on an assured or affordable assured tenancy. We do not allow changes on a starter or probationary affordable tenancy
  • You have a clear rent account and there are no other concerns about your tenancy
  • Any person you want to add to the tenancy is over 18
  • The person you want to add is:
    • your husband, wife or civil partner or has been living with you for at least 12 months
    • suitable for housing with us under our allocations policy, for example there are no previous debts with us or a history of antisocial behaviour
    • able to meet the required immigration status to hold a tenancy with us

To add someone onto your tenancy, fill in the application form below

Request to add a name to my tenancy


Removing a joint tenant

If you hold a joint tenancy with us, you might want to change this to a sole tenancy. 

To make this change both tenants must agree this change. 

To make this change we would need the following:

  • written authority from each tenant agreeing to this change and the sole tenant agrees to take over full responsibility for the rights and responsibilities of the existing tenancy
  • a clear rent account and no other debts to Acis
  • there are no other breaches of the tenancy

To apply to make this change, fill in the application form below.

Request to change from a joint tenancy to a sole tenancy 

returning forms

Once you have completed any form, you can add any supporting documentation and return it:

  • by scanning and emailing it to
  • by posting to Acis, Acis House, Bridge Street, Gainsborough, DN21 1GG