Are you feeling socially isolated or experiencing symptoms of depressions and anxiety? Or do you know someone who is?
Come along to our weekly coffee and chat sessions that are held every Thursday at 1.30pm at Gainsborough Uphills Community Centre.
The coffee and chat sessions are free and a part of our project called MEN United that we deliver in partnership with Gainsborough Trinity Foundation (GTF). It is aimed at men aged between 25 and 59 to raise awareness of male mental health and suicide.
If you are male and experiencing symptoms of mental health, drop in on one of our sessions to receive support and meet other people in similar situations. We are always happy to welcome new faces, provide support or companionship.
Why should you come along to our coffee and chat sessions? Good question.
Not only does the sessions raise awareness of male mental health and suicide, but it gives men the opportunity to receive peer support and meet new people. Take a look at the benefits of coffee and chat session and how attending these sessions can make a difference in your life.
- The sessions can reduce social isolation, reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety,
- You have the opportunity to meet new people, make friends and connections.
- You can build your confidence and self-esteem overtime.
- Improve on your concentration levels and sleeping patterns
- Learn how to cope with the stresses of daily life more effectively.
- Talk about your concerns and issues and find support.
Funded by Shine, we run other activities with GTF to provide opportunity for men to engage in a range of social events and activities that promote the benefits of physical activity, mental health and social connection.
For more information on MEN United social nights and events visit: gainsboroughtrinityfoundation.com/men-united